Do you want to work for one of the leading Geomatics companies in Europe today? Murphy Geospatial are currently recruiting a Project Engineer to join our Specialist Engineering Services department. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to work within the expeditious Geospatial industry. The role will appeal to the practically minded who enjoy a balanced mix of office and site-based work, applying the latest technology and assessing the data produced to help maintain the UK’s critical infrastructure.
We see the value in generating repeatable, verified geospatial data to accurately inform asset owners of the condition of their assets and our built environment, prolonging their lifespan for the benefit of society. We use a mix of modern technology including UAV, ROV, NDT, GPR, laser scanning, hydrographic surveys, rope access and confined space entry to determine the true condition of our infrastructure with data-rich reporting through GIS and cloud-hosted platforms. We are truly innovating in this sector and are seeking like-minded, ambitious engineers to join us on this journey.
Murphy Geospatial is one of the leading Geomatic consultancies in Europe. We are an ambitious and innovative company, and through our commitment to invest in people, technology, and best practice, we continuously strive to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do. We believe in the value of verified geospatial data and its use in understanding the natural and built environment around us.
With offices nationwide in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany, and Italy, we are continuously developing and expanding our team. Building on a strong reputation of over 35 years’ experience, we are recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Europe today.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Geospatial through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed, leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
· Leading a team undertaking a variety of technical inspections using a wide range of technologies (NDT, GPR, UAV, ROV, CCTV, Visual)
· Project lead for technical feasibility studies and site investigations.
· Understanding and application of technology for undertaking inspections.
· Handling, processing, and interpreting geospatial data.
· Preparing interpretive reports
· Any other duties as required by the business.
· 3-5 years’ experience working on design, construction or non-destructive testing of civil infrastructure (bridge decks, reinforced concrete, steel, buried structures etc.)
· Degree in Civil Engineering (Level 6) – BSc in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification & level – or similar
· Fundamental knowledge of
o the principles of engineering structures (steel / RC); and/or
o experience utilising NDT techniques; and/or
o Surveying of structural defects (PI investigations)
· Ability to perform detailed field and office inspection work
· Good writing skills and proficiency in the English language
· The right to work in the UK.
· Flexibility to travel nationwide as required by our clients.
· Possess a full clean driving license.
• Practically minded: good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Strong report writing, communication and leadership skills.
· Ability to communicate technical information effectively
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces (training will be provided)
· Possess organisational and time management skills
· Analytical and critical thinking
· Have excellent communication and presentation skills
· Enjoy learning new software applications
· Possess the ability to work with autonomy or as part of a team
· Be a problem solver with a positive attitude
· Set high standards for themselves and their services
Why Murphy Geospatial?
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative and technologically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.
Apply today to find out more!